Friday, June 3, 2011

Course reflections

1- I don't think that it was a class assignment, but i really liked the debate in class.That's something we should do more often because (when it's well done) it teaches you how to construct a well founded argument based on proofs and not on your opinions (whether you are for or against what you are defending). It is even more efficient when you are defending something you don't believe in because you are literally forced to search for evidence instead of merely stating what you have believed to be true for years and years.
2-

1 comment:

  1. The debate was a class assignment. I guess the confusion regarding this arose just because I said I would award extra credit to the group/side that makes a more compeling, convicing argument. But I fully agree with your regarding the benefits of the exercise, especially prior to writing argumentative essays.

    ReplyDelete